Monday, February 9, 2009

Hoops and a Project

My 11 year old son, "Bug" is an amazing basketball player.(of course I'm his mom so I think he is awesome at everything) But he really does have a natural talent at most sports he tries, and right now it's basketball season. This is his first year on a comp. team and he has had a blast. He is a tall boy at almost 5'2", his team is the"shooterz" and he's number 12. I am so proud to be his mom. He's a good brother to his sisters, he's an awesome student, he's funny, and just a great kid. I am lucky I couldn't ask for a better son. I love you Bug!!
My husband and I both have large families. At Christmas time we get lots of photos in cards. I am so far behind in my scrapbooking and I didn't want to just file away all the new pictures, so I came up with a solution... I bought an old frame at a thrift store for a couple of dollars, painted and then distressed it. I then basically do an extra large scrapbook/collage page and I hang it in my craft room. I have done this for the last few years and I love to be able to look at all the pics of my family. Unfortunately we don't always get everyones new photos so I just put up what I get. When the year is over I file away the old photos and change the look for the new year. My kids like to help too, and I always have to get Jibbity's approval before I hang it up. Easy and fast, that's my kind of project.






2 comments:

kylee k said...

I do agree that we would have tons of fun together...I wish we could hang out all the time :) But I will come visit soon Im going to be making plans in the very near future, I can do your hair, we can go to Hobby Lobby, and then just do whatever! I love your family board...I need more pics of everyone...my only has a couple pics on it! But Ill talk to you soon. Miss you and love you!

MiChElLe said...

Fantastic board! It is about time that you redid it! Have fun and Bob's your uncle!!