Monday, January 31, 2011

Mod Podge Mania!!!!!...school desk redo

WoooooHoooooo!!!! Mod Podge Mania is back again, head on over to This is the Year and link up any project you've done using mod podge!!!!!! Super fun to get to know other bloggers and see some fun projects!
I found an old school desk at the DI(local thrift shop) for $5.00, and had to get it. I've been looking for one for a while, my kiddos LOVE playing school. Almost forgot to take a before picture.

It was all blue, with a wooden top. I spray painted it a fun bright pink, then mod podged some fabulous vinyl with flannel backing on the top. The vinyl makes cleaning a breeze. It coordinated with the girls room perfectly!!


I did this project last summer when there was beautiful green grass, and sunshine.(oh how I miss it!!!) I love how the desk turned out and the kids love it, in fact we could really use a second for the "teacher".
Now go link up your projects, at Xazmin's MOD PODGE MANIA!!!!!!
Have a wonderful day!!!!

13 comments:

KiraAJ said...

Love it! :)

Braley Mama said...

that is so stinkin' cute :O)

Xazmin said...

Love, love, LOVE the green grass! Haha...and the desk too!

Really, it is so super cute and I want one!

Valerie said...

Love this idea! I have two of those desks in my garage & my son keeps asking for a desk for his room...I feel a project comin' on!

Unknown said...

Very cute desk! What a great idea!

FrouFrouBritches said...

Oh wow! That turned out GREAT! I love it! The pink is awesome. I think I need to go thrifting with you. I never find anything cute!

Tammy said...

HOW CUTE! love the bright colors and it would be so fun to play school with!

Unknown said...

SUPER cute! I love the paper and color choices.

Vanessa Kiki Johanning said...

so cute!! I just posted a MP link!! too!

yours is so cool!

vanessa

Myya said...

That turned out great. LOVE those bright colors... ahhh I want Summer back!!!

Shawn said...

I'm glad that my girls are out of the stage playing school stage. If they weren't I'd be out searching for a desk, or two, to duplicate that adorable idea!

Sami said...

That turned out so well! I love it! Especially the bright colors. I bet school would have been a lot more fun for me if my desk would have looked like that...

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

This is so adorable & creative! And I love the pic of your baby sleeping in the previous post too. I remember those days, but time sure flies. Glad you're enjoying it while you can.

Warmly, Michelle