Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Extreme Makeover-Me Edition

Wednesdays come around really quick these days. Here it is time for EM:ME, and some awesome support for gettin' fit and gettin' healthy. Head on over to the adorable Amber's to check it out!
This week's question:


"Who is your biggest supporter/motivator in your weight loss? Do you have anyone around you that tries to sabotage you by "talking" you in to eating the not so good stuff?"

Well, to answer the question, I'd have to say that Hunter Dan is a little of both. He is always supportive of the exercising, and trying to eat better. He tells me I'm doing good or looking good. But...at the same time he will be the one at night time when we're watching T.V. and the kids are in bed, to ask if I want some M&Ms. When I look at him with that "I can't believe you just asked me that, do my thighs look like they need M&Ms?", look... he will just ask sweetly, "well did you lose any weight today?" If I did, then he tells me it's o.k. you need a reward. What a dork.(this of course was before the pregnancy)


Now, he is just supportive of whatever(which I appreciate sooo much)...like for instance when... I had a green salad with tomatoes, cheese, croutons, and caesar dressing at 6:30 this morning...it just sounded soooo good! Or when he ran to Wal-mart last night to return a camp chair, and I called him up and said "I really need some lettuce, strawberries, and cantaloupe." He also conveniently bought angel food cake, and strawberry glaze...

Also I have to mention Xazmin...she is a great, and we can totally help each other, and give each other tremendous support, but...we can also(once in a while) talk each other into being bad, especially if we are watching "Buffy" or "Angel". Why are nachos and Dr. Pepper soo good? And why even more at midnight?(truthfully we haven't done that in a really long time) I have abandoned her and our website since being sick. I feel really bad, and I'm sorry X!

How is the weight? Well, I am up just a few pounds from my last weigh in before I found out about our sweet Christmas surprise. Not too bad.

How is everyone else doing?

****************

I also LOVE Wednesdays because of....


WooHoo!!!

Have a fantastic day everyone!!

17 comments:

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Those husbands . . . they are characters, aren't they? Mine will tease me, then ask if I "should be eating that", then offer me ice cream. :)

Amy Jo said...

ahhh! SYTYCD! i mean, not that being healthy and everything isn't exciting but i think the best part of this post was the last part ;) annnnd i'm coming down there this weekend cause britt is coming so i'll for sure be stopping in to say hello!!!!

Connie said...

What a good friend you have in Xazmin!

I have never watched SYTYCD but I heard that Katie Holmes-Cruise is going to be on. What do you know about that? I love her!!

Have a great week!

Heather said...

So I take it the vomiting is easing up if you are eating salad first thing in the morning...

What a sweet hubby picking up yummy goodies for you!

Shawn said...

You're allowed to slip you know, you are creating life!

Macey said...

It sounds like you are doing great! You are craving healthy stuff, at least! I craved Froot Loops with my first. And meat, like hamburgers and stuff with my second. Yikes!
My husband is thin. Always has been, probably always will be, so he doesn't say much, but he supports me when I am on a diet.
Macey

Kelli said...

Nachos are the best (I'll have a Coke with that!). So great that you have Hunter Dan to help you out and a friend like Xazmin too!

Lerin said...

I had HG, and would also throw up 6-10 times a day... I only gained 15 pounds with Lucy Cate (my newborn, baby #4) and was gone right out of the hospital. I had a BUNCH of extra from the other three babies that I never worked off though... LOL!

The only things that sounded good to me and kept me from throwing up were carby comfort foods like blueberry pancakes, white rice, mashed potatoes... I think a salad first thing in the morning would have ruined me for the rest of the day. I am SO BEYOND IMPRESSED by you for that!!

Nice to meet you... I am an EMME newbie this week and looking forward to getting to know you better. :)

Xazmin said...

Awww! You're so sweet to mention me! Now I really have to be good! No more Nachos and Dr. Pepper! (okay, MAYBE once in a while!) Can't wait for our next Buffy/Angel night!

Jen said...

Wow - a 6:30 AM salad - give that baby what he/she wants! :) My husband will offer me sweets too, but since he can't read my mind, I'll just conveniently tell him yes or no or "I shouldn't" (which means he shouldn't ask me again)!

Keep it up and keep feeding that baby good, healthy food!

April said...

A salad at 6:30 in the morning is a new one to me, but I say go for it! Your doing great, Tanielle! The main thing, of course, is to take extra care of that precious baby of yours!

Amy said...

I think it is wonderful to have a support system.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Counting the hours til SYTYCD! :)

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Studies have shown that babies whose mothers ate nachos, Dr. Pepper, cantaloupe and M&Ms, went on to win the Nobel Peace Prize.

Lynn said...

Congrats on the pregnancy~babies are such a blessing. I know that you will be doing your best with your pregnancy. Make sure to keep your body healthy. And lots of m&m's....baby needs lots of those.

shortmama said...

My hubs is the same way! I am doing weight watchers so he will say well do you have any points left today and you can have an ice cream (or whatever it is he is tempting me with!). To which I sweetly (or not) reply, that drumstick you are waving in front of my face is more points then everything I ate all day!

jennykate77 said...

SYTYCD was fantastic last night! So so good! Love that show!

I think you're doing great! Sounds like you're really eating healthy w/ all the fruits and veggies. I think all hubbies have the tendancy to be a little bit of both a supporter and a sabotager. I know for mine it's hard to make the adjustments to healthy eating. Although, he's already feeling the effects of it too (He's lost 11 pounds since I started back to WW. Crazy!)

Hope you're having a great week!!