Monday, June 29, 2009

The newest member of our family...

Warning we are a weird family!!!!

Remember the "trophy" Hunter Dan got back in the fall? Oh wait I wasn't blogging then. Anyway Hunter Dan is a big time outdoors man, he loves hunting, fishing, camping, and 4-wheelin'. He was exceedingly excited last(whenever it was... in the fall sometime) when he shot this buck!
YAY, honey...way to go!!!
Away it went to the taxidermist with GREAT anticipation of its return... and wouldn't ya know it....it's back already. Well, a few months back when I was suppose to be doing shortmama's "home redo...one room at a time", I posted about how we would be changing the living room into a more outdoors, wilderness, cabiny type room, to accommodate our growing collection of wilderness "stuff"(you can read that post and see pics of the living room here)...didn't happen yet, because of.... "the puking my guts out thing" STILL going on, and lack of money.
Well, no big deal! Hunter Dan doesn't care if he's nestled in with more boutique type things, and here ya go...our newest family member found a place on my unchanged walls. Right above my rocking chair.
Everyone meet "Francisco" (that's a fun name to say.)~Buddy the Elf
We(the kids and I, Hunter Dan does not appreciate our humor)needed our new little friend to have a name. Lexlee piped up with "Francisco", everyone else added..."that's a fun name to say". (Seriously, we love "Elf", and watch it year round!) Hunter Dan gave me the look of "No you will not!" So.....his name is Francisco. He will look fabulous at Halloween time with some cob webs and spiders gently nestled in his antlers, and at Christmas with a Santa hat and red clown nose! Come May 5th, he just might get a sombrero, and mustache.....
Oh Hunter Dan will be so pleased! Thank-you sweetheart for adding this new member to our family, and giving me one more thing to decorate for the Holidays!!:-)

24 comments:

April said...

I must admit, seeing that deer head hanging on the wall would freak me out a bit, but my hubby would LOVE it! He like to deer hunt, too! It does give you some endless possibilities for decorating! :)

Kati said...

I think that is awesome.. the hubs hasnt had a deer mounted on the wall in forever.. they are all at his dads!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

My boys use to hunt all the time. I think I am grateful they didn't have anything mounted. I know the guys all love this kind of thing, but honestly it sort of gives me the creeps. Glad you're such a good wife and look at the positive side. Hugs, Marty

Small House said...

Oh my word how funny, you are going to decorate the deer with the seasons. My dad was a hunter, and growing up we had deer and fish etc. hanging around our house to. Something new to dust with eyeballs!
Have a great day.
Sandra

Mama Nut said...

Hunter Dan is so lucky to have an easy-going and accomodating wife! I love the idea of a cabin-y themed living room...that is SO our family! But my husband is more of a forager than a hunter (I prob'bly spelled that wrong) so there will be no Franciscos in my future, I dare say. Hope your puking is subsiding!

Mama-Face said...

Ha. I can't wait to see pictures of Francisco decorated. Too bad he's not a girl; hair bows would be fantastic.
and Elf...love that movie. What a great name for a Buck.

(Bucks are boys right? K. is all about the outdoors; except for the hunting. Unless he's hunting a target hung on a tree.)

Hope you are feeling better. :)

CB said...

OK that is hilarious! I love that you gave it a name.
That deer actually has a sweet little face. Can you tell I would have a hard time with this.
We live in Idaho where we have alot of hunter friends and I have so many friends that make their husband hang things in the garage - so tell your hubby he has a nice wife who lets him hang his trophies in the house.
I like the cabin theme idea!

Jan said...

Totally laughing. We are weird too. My husband and daughter just went to a taxidermy show about 8 hours away near his parents. We had a huge moose in our living room for years.

Now we have a cabin in and all the antlers go up there ;)

You are so not weird. Good luck with it all.

Amy said...

Congrats to him. I could not hang that in my home. It would scare me. Love the name.

Amy Jo said...

ok, i freakin' love Francisco. That is hilarious. AND reminds me of arnie! ooh, and i made my photography blog! www.amyrobinsonphotography.blogspot.com =)

Melissa said...

Oh, I know how you feel. I did not come from a hunting family. We just stalked our meat at the grocery store. Then I married Handy Andy. Our most serious arguments have been about dead animals in our house. His dad even get's in on it. He is half joking of course, but he always pushes me, trying to get me to hanging "bud" the giagantic
Elk upstairs. I always tell him I'll do it as soon as we get his own head mounted to put right buy Bud.

We found one of my daughters, then 3, riding the Elk right on the wall. Funniest thing I ever saw!

Amber Filkins said...

That really is sick. Blech.

Shawn said...

Ummm, this has left me speechless! I have to admit when I watch into my sisters house I feel a little intimidated by all things "nature" hanging on her walls. Your a gracious wife!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I'm going to forward this post to my hubs, who will be very impressed with Francisco's antlers.

kylee k said...

I was going to say the same thing as Amy Jo...Reminds me of Arnie. What fun memories!! Seriously. Im sad I didn't get to come hang with you guys. But hopefully Ill see you soon!
Love you. Kylee

shortmama said...

LOL Francisco will be the life of the party around your house! I think he should be red, white, and blue for the 4th this weekend!

Unknown said...

Wow that is a big deer! My dad has one hanging in their house. My son use to be scared of it. Can't wait to see him dressed up for Christmas.

Amber said...

That is hilarious!!! Makes me so thankful that my DH has football and Civil War reenacting as his hobbies rather than fishing and hunting! I will take battlefield books and 10 year old football programs over deer heads anyday! But the decorating aspect of it is great...would love to see him dress up at Halloween, maybe a zorro mask or something!!! :)

Stephanie said...

My Grandfather had one of those. When we were little we used to dare each other to touch the "eyes". I know weird kids, but we turned out alright!

Macey said...

Gotta show this to my dad and brother. They'll have antler envy. What a nice wife you are to let that be on your wall. Seriously! Lots of mommas wouldn't go for that. : )
Macey

E said...

Oh I can't wait to see him at Halloween time! He will be the coolest decoration!!

Unknown said...

You could start with the 4th of July- a little red bandana and firecrackers hanging off his antlers??? Why not??

~Becca

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That is very impressive!

XOXO
Jen

kado! said...

I would NOT be able to sleep at night if I had to live in the same house as that....but I get that lots of people love that look...it's just NOT for me! Taxidermy has always freaked me out!!

...but yea...for how proud of your man you are!!!