It is time for Friend Makin' Monday, head on over to Kasey's to join in the fun, and link up! I haven't joined in for FMM for sooo long, and feel so out of the loop, but today I am forcing myself to be on the computer a little, and get visiting!
This week's task is to tell 10 things you love about summer!!!
I LOVE summer!!! I actually love all the seasons, but I am ready for the warmth. (Funny though it is chilly in my house right now and I'm sitting in long pants, socks, and a sweatshirt.)
1. I love grillin'! Mostly because Hunter Dan does it, and it makes him feel cool to cook meat out on the grill.(love ya hon) I love that he takes care of it, and things always taste better when I don't have to cook them! YUM...bbq's!!!
2. The kids playing outside...love to hear their laughing and screaming when they are playing in the water, and having fun!
3. 4th of July...my Dad is the most patriotic guy I know, and my love for our country was installed in me by him! I love fireworks, so does Hunter Dan, especially the ones you aren't suppose to shoot off. Not that he does that or anything...
4. Camping for my family reunion. It's coming up....let's pray I feel better, the thought of the outhouses....
5. The smell... from the hot pavement, to the fresh cut grass, to the smell of dirt from working in the flowers.
6. Fresh fruit...one of the only things that have sounded good to me lately, strawberries, cantaloupe, grapes...YUM!
7. Tomatoes, and corn on the cob from the garden. Can't wait for it to grow!!!
8. Love that you can be outside later, play, and just hangout...some of my favorite memories are from summer evenings growing up...EXCEPT for June bugs!(they fit right in there with big foot and the dark, except I HATE them more...oh how they terrified me as a kid, and truth be told they terrify me as an adult....o.k. they don't hurt you, but they stick on to you) I AM CRINGING!!!
9. Summer rain and thunderstorms...they are so amazing, and smell so good.
10. Just spending time with my kids and hubby, summer is just such a wonderful time of year!!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!!!