Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hey, who's that Quarterback?

BUG STATS:
age: 11(12 on October 17th)
height: 5ft 31/2 in
weight: 114
shoe size: 7 1/2
Well... last night began the first official grueling week of football practice. These practices are three hours long, five nights a week. It was HOT!!!! We sat in the sun, no shade, the girls were sweating, but still playing Barbies. Ashie dumped all the water we had brought out... to water the field. And even though I was a cheerleader all through high school, and enjoyed cheering, I don't know much about football, other than the basics of the game, but I do know that I sat there swelling with a little pride at my handsome quarterback son.
Bug really is an amazing athlete, it comes very natural to him, and he seems to do well with any sport he tries.(yep, I am a little bias) I will miss watching him play soccer this fall, (he does extremely well), and I look forward to basketball(he plays on a super-league comp team), and then spring soccer will be just around the corner. But for now, I am enjoying my sweetheart son, the one who is adorable with Ashie, my biggest helper, the one who hugs me many times a day, and constantly says "I love you" with his enormous dimples, (that peek through whether he's happy or mad) the one's that will never scare anyone on the opposite team.:-)haha I love you to the moon Bug!!! I am so proud of you, and can't wait to watch your first game!!! PLEASE DON'T GET HURT!! I am a bit nervous!

22 comments:

kimert said...

Good luck this season! He is quite the cutie.

Amber Filkins said...

Awww, so sweet! Congrats to you all! And, I love a proud mama. :)

How are you feeling?

Cammie said...

such a cutie!

Jenny-Jenny said...

Way to go Bug!!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

He is darling. Aside from the advantage those dimples are going to give him when he starts dating (you know - when he's 35 and you're ready for him to start dating) I think the dimples will give him an advantage on the field too. The other team will be ready to dismiss Cute Dimple QB, and then because they've underestimated him, he'll flatten them! Yay Bug!

onegirliegirl said...

He's a big boy, he can take care of himself!! Those other kids are gonna be shaking in their shoes!!

My guy who just turned 13 is 5'3 and only weighs 85 lbs. Yeah, bone thin...lucky for me he doesn't want to play football. He's happy enough getting beat up in LAX.

Hope you're feeling better :)

xoxo ~Lisa

shortmama said...

Such a proud mama! (Note he is taller than me and wears the same shoe size as my hubs tiny feet!)

tammy dixon said...

He sounds like a great athlete (and son)! What a joy to have around!

Sarah J. said...

I love football season! But I would feel just as nervous as you if one of my children were out there getting their head knocked around!

By the way, thank you for your amazing table idea...I hope you didn't mind me stealing it for a feature!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh what a precious tribute to your son. He is handsome. I so remember those days of watching my sons playing football and then my grandsons. Precious memories. Take tons of pictures and enjoy every minute of being with him. Hugs, Marty

Macey said...

Beautiful post, proud momma!!
He's a cutie for sure, I hope he doesn't get hurt either, I'm a big wuss about that stuff. : /

Lynn said...

Don't know who he is but he sure is cute!
I'm sure he'll be injury-free!
Don't worry, Mama.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a cutie. I hope he has a great season!

XOOX
Jen

Emily said...

He's definitely a cutie! Good luck to him this season!!

April said...

He is a doll...you probably don't want to tell him I said that! Rugged, athletic dudes like him don't like that kind of talk! LOL! I hope he has an awesome football season...with no injuries!

kado! said...

Absolutly a reason to be a Proud Momma!!!!

....My oldest started Football practice yesterday.....10yr old team.....love this time of year!

Small House said...

OH DARN....I miss these football days. And I just always thought they looked so cute in their football attire!
Sandra

Shawn said...

What a doll-baby! I sure wish he was close enough, and a few years older for my Honey!

Trina said...

I thought I'd be safe when my son quit football and decided basketball and tennis were his "calling". A broken nose, broken ankle and many dislocated fingers later I'm grateful he dropped football....

Unknown said...

Aww...proud mama!!! It sounds like you have a great sports year ahead of you!

~Becca

Christie in Dallas, TX said...

So sweet that you're still a cheerleader of sorts, now for your favorite quarterback! It's seriously not fair that at 11 he's already taller than me... :-)

Connie said...

It amazes me that an 11 year old would stay out in the heat with all that gear to play football! Good for him!
He won't have any greater cheerleader than his mom!
I understand your nervousness about safety. I had a son who played football and I worried everytime he got out on the field. All was well!