Thursday, August 6, 2009

Totally Thankful Thursday

Time to be thankful!!!

1. My Mom, oh how I miss her. She, my sis-in-law, and a couple of my nieces all went on a school shopping getaway yesterday. We always did that every year, and those are some of my most favorite memories.
2. My kiddos, it has been so wonderful to have them all back home again. Bug and Lexlee have been at their Dad's quite a bit this summer, and wow how I miss them!!

3. The sunflowers growing out in my flower beds. We had a crazy wind last night, and most of them blew over, but they were gorgeous while they lasted!
4. Clean windows...our chore for the weekend, I am thankful just thinking about how nice it will be when they are done!
5. My home...like I've said before, it isn't big or fancy, but it is clean(mostly) and comfortable. I especially love it here, when we are all home together.
*********************
Now it's time to head out to the yard. We gotta clean up from the wind storm last night, and tidy up the yard again. I love being outside, and getting stuff done. I'll catch up with everyone this afternoon and evening.
Have a GREAT Thursday!!

12 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Good list! I love school shopping. :) Have a wonderful afternoon!

Emily said...

Great list! I love clean windows!

Shawn said...

I love clean windows too but I hate how dirty it makes me feel once I realize just how nasty they were!

I have a wonderful company that cleans all of my windows, screens, tracks and sliding glass doors for under $150 and I have a ton of windows! Thats' money well spent! Have I mentioned before that I'm lazy!

shortmama said...

What you mean we are supposed to clean the windows? I thought the rain could take care of it.

Macey said...

That's a great list!
Man, now I'm thinkin' I need to clean my windows. Blech.

Mama-Face said...

Oh, I too love your mom!

and clean windows.

Sounds like the storm hit you pretty badly. I'm sorry!

Kelly said...

Love your list!!! I am thankful you reminded me to clean my windows! Thanks for visiting my page! You have a beautiful family!

Amy said...

What a great list you have. I love to have my family all home. My husband works night sometimes and it is nice to have him home with us.

Amy said...

What a great list you have. I love to have my family all home. My husband works night sometimes and it is nice to have him home with us.

Miller Racing Family said...

What a wonderful list. I am also thankful for a clean and comfortable house.
It was funny you mentioned the sunflowers as mine are just now starting to bloom.
I hope that you have a fabulous weekend.

Unknown said...

Lucky! You get to do things outside in August!!
Not here!!

~Becca

trish said...

What a beautiful post! :o)
Looking at my windows I will be doing a little cleaning of them too! I have little kitty nose imprints! :o) They love to watch outdoors!
Hoping your weekend is a lovely one.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne