Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day Mom!!!!

" I never understood the love my Mother had for me....until I became a Mother!"
Just some of the things I love about my Mom...

1. She is a goof! She has said some of the most hilarious things I have ever heard.

(out camping there are no rules)

2. She is an amazing Grandma...the kind who gets down and plays with the kids.

3. She has dressed up in some of the most outrageous Halloween costumes you have ever seen, and won contests with them.
4. She is short(about 5'2"), I took after my Dad I am 5'8". I have been this tall since I was in junior high, and when I hug her she fits under my chin.
5. She comes across as very proper and classy, but we the family know the truth!haha
6. She is beautiful, (I would love her even if she weren't), but she is, and she's always taken care of herself.(she does her hair and make-up out camping..."you never know when you might see Robert Redford."
7. She is tough as "boiled owl"...so she says!
(she doesn't smoke, not really sure what she was doing in this pic...just being my mom!)
8. She has dealt with some extremely sad times in her life, and suffered through for the rest of the family, even with the most broken of hearts.
9. She has always been my biggest fan...even now when I am 32 years old.

10. She can outwork anyone I know....believe me, as a teenager I thought the yard, and house work would never be done!
11. She has a sweet and wonderful testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
12. She falls asleep in the best of movies, and then when you wake her she claims she was never really asleep, as she wipes a bit of drool from her mouth.
13. She isn't afraid to break out into some crazy dance, at any time.
14. She is very talented, and creative!!! Thanks for passing on a small portion of that to me!
15. She has been the most amazing example to me my entire life, and when my dad says, "you're just like your Mother"...that is the best compliment ever!!!
Happy Mother's Day Mom...I love you so very much, and wish we lived closer. Thanks for all the many things you do for my family and me. I appreciate it more than you could ever imagine! Give yourself a big hug from all of us here!!!...and have a great day!
Happy Mother's Day to all the Wonderful moms out there!!!
Please forgive me for not visiting for a while, I have not been feeling well, and haven't been on the computer much. I look forward to catching up with all my awesome bloggy friends soon! Hope your weekend has been a good one!

22 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Feel better soon, Tanielle, and Happy Mother's Day to you too! :)

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

What a beautiful tribute Tanielle. Your Mom sounds like quite the character!!! I LOVE Mom's like that :)
Hope you are feeling some better and your Mother's Day is filled with love, joy and laughter :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Shelby said...

This is so wonderful, I am inspired!

Heather S-G said...

Awww, that was so sweet :) I hope you are feeling better soon and that you have an Amazing Mother's Day!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I am so glad you have that kind of a relationship with your mom and that she passed that down to you.

I hope that you are feeling better.

Unknown said...

How wonderful! I hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day

Krissy said...

I hope you are feeling better soon and have an amazing mother's day with your kids!

Unknown said...

Reading all your stories of you mom makes me wish my mom didn't have favorites in her daughters. I have 3 younger sister and one of them is my moms little favorite and it's not the baby. Everything is always about her and her kids. But that is ok -- I am a mom now and I have no favorite and my kids know it. Years from now I hope they look at me the way you look at your mom. TFS such a beautiful post this morning you made me all teary. Happy Mothers Day

Shey said...

Aww! Happy photos!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! :)

shortmama said...

Wonderful! I hope you have a great Mother's Day and start feeling better soon.

Amy said...

What a sweet post for you Mom. Happy Mother's day to a wonderful blogging Mom that I know. I hope you feel better soon.

Becca @ The Texas Darlings said...

WHat a sweet post dedicated to your mom!

I hope you start feeling better soon!

Happy Mother's Day!

~Becca

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

What a fabulous post about your mom. After reading that, I want to have a long lunch with her!
:)

valentine said...

what a fantastically great post!


stopping by from SITS

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

Your mom sounds like a wonderful energetic lady. Hope you feel better soon. We will be here when you get back. Happy Mother's Day!

Mama-Face said...

I too adore your Mom. One of the things I love about her is the constant love she shows to my mom and dad. Which I know can be difficult at times. She always thinks of others first.

Do you really post at 4:00 in the A.M.? I hope you get to feeling better.

Mary K Brennan said...

Could you be any luckier? Your Mom seems like an awesome woman. I think I love when you said: "When your Dad says your just like your mother, it's a compliment."
Hope you both had a wonderful Mother's Day. Feel better soon.

Sare said...

Happy Mother's Day Hon!! I hope you're feeling better!!! Thank for introducing us to your mom - she sounds and looks totally amazing!! no wonder you are so special!!

Small House said...

What a sweet tribute to your mom. I'm thinking you are probably a lot like her!!

Hope you had a wonderful mothers day.
Sandra

the. nanny. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CB said...

That was such a wonderful tribute to a GREAT Mom!!
I hope you had a good Mother's Day.

Hope you feel better soon!

Gammie said...

DITTOS! I agree whole-heartedly with your assessment of that crazy mother of yours. We always did think we'd make great "in-laws" however I would have fought her for "best grandma" title. She truly is one amazing little lady--have always adored her! And you can quote me on that!
Deonne